How do I get to Camp?
When is check-in and check-out?
We thank you for arriving within the noted timeframes, as we are unable to accommodate early arrivals.
- Camp Burgess for Boys & Camp Hayward for Girls
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 2:00-3:30pm (for sessions 1,1a,1b,2, 3 & 5)
- Check-out is on Friday between 11:00-12:30pm (for session 4 only)
- Adventure Trips (check-in and check-out are at Base Camp)
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:00pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 10:00-11:00am
How many cabin or tent mate requests can I make per session?
We accept one cabin or tent mate request per camper, per session. This is done at the time of online registration or noted on the paper Registration Form.
What kind of background checks are done with staff members?
Every person we hire to work at our camp goes through an extensive background check that includes submission of a thorough application packet, interviews with the director, CORI and SORI background checks, and three separate references.
What are the age requirements of your summer programs?
- Program Participants
- Camp Burgess & Hayward campers: 7-16 years old
- Teen Adventure Trips participants: 12-17 years old
- Counselor in Training (CIT) participants: 16 years old or entering 11th grade
- Staff Positions
- Junior Counselors: 17 years old or have completed the CIT program
- Counselors: 18+ (mostly college students or high school seniors)
- Resource Staff, Teen Adventure Trip Leaders & Outdoor Education Staff: 21+
Is there a visiting day?
Because our sessions are only 1 or 2 weeks long, there are no parent days or visiting days at our camp.
Can campers be picked up during the session?
We ask that you do not pick up any camper during a session, as it strongly impacts his/her and the other campers’ cabin or trip experience. We thank you in advance for selecting the correct session(s) for your summer schedule. Please contact the director of your child’s program immediately if you have an issue with any of the dates scheduled.
How do I keep in contact with my camper?
We encourage parents to send their campers snail mail, which is handed out every night after dinner. You can also email your camper on our website. These emails are printed out for campers after dinner. Phones and other electronic devices are not used by campers. Please leave these personal items at home.
Email a Camper
Do you offer financial assistance?
Yes, our Financial Assistance Application can be found here:
2017 Financial Assistance Application
What is your Federal Tax ID Number?